Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Butterfly Effect

A BIG part of someones character, to me, is about the decisions one makes. The actions of someone, despite, the effects it can have on others, or thinking about how your actions can affect others regardless of your own desires and wants.

Today, everyone seems to have this Dog Eat Dog mentality. 'Gettin' Theirs' by any means necessary; without giving a single thought to how their actions can hurt the lives of those around them, not caring about the damage that can be left behind.

One thing I have learned time and time again, SORRY DOESNT MEAN SHIT!
It many times requires little effort to say, often has no real feeling behind it, & very rarely change a damn thing! In fact, the so-called 'apology' is, in most cases, thought about or 'rehearsed' before the action is even done.

I have been on the receiving end of more them my fair share of 'I'm Sorry's. I have felt the wrath of too many people’s actions. And I have to say, I don’t get it!!

Are some people really that selfish? Are some people really oblivious to how they hurt those around them?

My actions, if I can help it, are based largely on the effects it can have on those around me. Granted, there are times when the effect on others cannot be helped, but the times that it can I try to do as minimal outside damage as possible.

Yet, it is becoming more and more apparent to me that more and more people seem to care less about how things affect others and more about how they can 'Get Theirs'!

But in the end Karma is a real Bitch! And the hurt one puts on others will be returned double. There will come a day when each and every one of us WILL have to answer to the choices we have made and the actions we have taken.

If we can all take one step towards doing what is 'morally' right rather than what is just 'right for ME', we can slow down the Butterfly Effect.

When you don’t give someone enough respect to consider how your actions will affect them, you also don’t give them the opportunity to get the hell out of your way!

'Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.' ~Oscar Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...