Monday, November 7, 2011

Under Construction!

Between the three blogs in my blog series (It May Not Be Pretty...; GingerSnaps & Vodka; Does Anyone Else See...), I have written about 40 or so entries. I try to be as sensitive as I can be while still being as honest as I promised myself I would be.

I have opened myself up to readers expressing my thoughts, feelings, opinions, etc. While there are certain topics that are off limits (after all, I'm no dummy. I'm very conscious of the fact the 'Big Brother' is watching and freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from repercussions) I try to, and while continue to try, to cover a wide range of issues.

With that being said, there are times where I may step away from my own opinion and take the 'devil's advocate' approach in an effort to cover all sides of an issue,and start a dialog. That doesn't necessarily always mean a dialog with me, but even a dialog with those in your own lives and hopefully shine a light on something someone never thought about.

A lot of us, myself included, sometimes think that if we haven't seen it, or we haven't experienced it, or we haven't felt it, it doesn't exist.

Every day of our lives, we are all under construction. We are never so mentally, physically, emotionally, or morally balanced that we exceed the opportunities for growth. There are always improvements to be made to one's self.

If my experiences, emotional vulnerabilities, opinions, etc. touches the life of just one person, or opens the mind of just one person, initiates even one person to start a conversation, I feel like I have done what I set out to do.

In that same respect, I openly welcome all comments others may have on anything that is written in any of the blogs within my blog series. Good, bad, or otherwise. I will never discourage, discriminate, or take offense to constructive feedback, suggestions, opinions, or points of view.

Just as I hope others can take away something from my experiences, I want to take something away from others.

'..there are few so wise that they cannot learn from others.' - Dhammavadaka

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...